Sunday, June 21, 2015

From the Editor's Desk: Left brain, right brain ...

From the Editor's Desk: Left brain, right brain ...

I'm spending the first hour or so of Father's Day in the usual position — hunched over a keyboard while at least one of my kids is buried in a tablet. I know that's not the best way for either of us to spend a Sunday morning. But it's also familiar. And like all things in moderation, it's probably not too bad for either of us. Kid No. 1 is fixated on her screen, playing some awful freemium game, no doubt. (I do have her at least give me a cursory look at what she's playing. But after a while all these crap games tend to look alike.)

In the time it's taken me to write this, she's since retreated to her room, face now buried in phone. I can summon her more quickly over Google Hangouts than I can by voice.

These are first-world parenting problems, for sure. Failure? Success? Both, I think. And I'll take it. Happy Father's Day.











Eliza Dushku
Adriana Lima

No comments:

Post a Comment