Sunday, July 13, 2014

Apple's Maps team reportedly contacting businesses to verify user-submitted data

Apple's Maps team reportedly contacting businesses to verify user-submitted data

Apple is reportedly reaching out to businesses to verify address data that has been marked as incorrect in the Maps app's "Report a Problem" feature. According to a post on Reddit:

A 408 number called me from Apple Maps and let me know that a user reported my business address as incorrect. They still had my old address that was listed on Yelp so I gave them the new one. I asked when I should expect it to be updated on Apple Maps and the lady said, "We don't have an exact timeline for updates but it should be within the next week."

It appears that Apple pulled from Yelp awhile ago but it doesn't actually sync the addresses and other information.

Still couldn't believe that they called me to fix up the listing - how awesome.

At this stage, it is unclear if the Maps team is contacting other points of interests. Considering the sheer amount of requests that the Maps team likely gets, a turnaround time of one week sounds impressive. The move is indicative of a larger push by Apple to update the Maps app with the latest data, which includes inculcating user-submitted corrections.

What about you guys? Are you seeing more accurate listings in Maps?

Source: Reddit











Bar Refaeli
Malin Akerman
Mila Kunis

No comments:

Post a Comment